Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage and Mozzarella Stuffing
Bread cubes combined with Turkey Italian Sausage, vegetable, spices and Mozzarella cheese make this a tasty stuffing.
- cook method
- 20 minutes
- 1 - 2 hours
- Less than 2 hours
- 10 cups white bread cubes
- 1/3 cup olive oil, plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 pound Butterball® Fresh Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage , casing removed
- 2 large onions, minced
- 5 medium celery stalks, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1/3 cup cream sherry
- 3 ounces Genoa salami, cut into matchsticks
- 12 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped fresh parsley
- No-stick cooking spray
You might also like...Add a Review
- This recipe is very labor intensive but it's absolutely worth the effort. I'm not having Thanksgiving at my house this year but I'll make sure to have this at Christmas or my sons will be disappointed.
- This has been our family favorite for years. The only changes I make are to use Italian stuffing cubes and hot Italian sausage. They adds a little kick without overwhelming the other flavors. I double the recipe to ensure leftovers. A great compliment to the turkey.