Toasted Pecan, Cider and Cornbread Dressing
Cornbread dressing with crunchy toasted pecans, celery and sweet apple cider, add a different twist to a classic dressing.
- cook method
- 20 minutes
- 30 minutes - 1 hour
- Less than 1 1/2 hours
- No-stick cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 teaspoons ground sage
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 bag (16 ounces) cornbread stuffing crumbs
- 2 1/2 cups apple cider or apple juice
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
You might also like...Add a Review
- This has been my favorite stuffing for years now. We do not even consider making a turkey without it. The first time we had it, I was afraid the apple flavor would be overpowering, but it really isn't. We don't always use cornbread; more often we use regular seasoned breadcrumbs and don't add any additional sage, salt, or pepper. We typically double the recipe and stuff the turkey with it, and only use a baking dish for any that is left over.
- used martinelli's apple juice and since pecan bag came as 1 1/2 cup, added 1/2 cup dried cranberries. Simple and full over flavor. Will make this again! thank you!