Avocado Egg Bake with Candied Turkey Bacon
< 15 minutes
< 30 minutes
2 large firm ripe avocados (about 8 ounces each)
4 medium eggs
1 teaspoon garlic salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
½ cup pico de gallo
10 slices cooked Candied Turkey Bacon (recipe follows), divided
CANDIED TURKEY BACON
¼ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
½ teaspoon ground cumin
¼ teaspoon ground red pepper
1 package (12 ounces) BUTTERBALL® Original Turkey Bacon
Chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- 1.Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly spray an 11x8-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2.Cut avocados in half lengthwise and remove pits. Using a sharp knife, cut a thin slice off the bottom of each half to allow them to sit flat. Using a spoon, scoop out avocado pulp, leaving a ½-inch-thick shell; reserve avocado pulp. Place avocado shells in prepared dish.
- 3.Working one at a time, separate eggs, placing 1 yolk in each avocado shell and reserving egg whites in a small bowl. Using a spoon, add enough egg whites to fill space around yolks; reserve remaining egg whites for another use. Sprinkle eggs with garlic salt and pepper.
- 4.Bake 22 to 24 minutes or until egg whites are just set and yolks begin to thicken.
- 5.Chop avocado pulp, and place in small bowl. Add pico de gallo to bowl, stirring to combine.
- 6.Prepare Candied Turkey Bacon. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line large rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment paper; spray with cooking spray.
- 7.Stir sugar, cumin and ground red pepper in large bowl. Add bacon, tossing to coat lightly. Arrange bacon on prepared baking sheet, overlapping edges slightly.
- 8.Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until glazed and lightly browned, rotating baking sheet once halfway through baking. Using kitchen tongs, immediately remove bacon from baking sheet. (Bacon will continue to crisp slightly as it cools.)
- 9.Chop 2 slices Candied Turkey Bacon. Top avocados with pico de gallo mixture and chopped bacon. Garnish with cilantro. Serve with remaining Candied Turkey Bacon.