Boneless Turkey Roast with Sweet and Tangy Sauce
< 30 minutes
< 3 hours
1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon lime peel (about 1 medium lime)
2 teaspoons lime juice (about 1 medium lime)
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 (3-pound) BUTTERBALL® Frozen Boneless Turkey Roast, thawed
Charred green onions (optional)
- 1.Combine cranberry sauce, soy sauce, honey, lime peel, lime juice and ginger in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer, stirring frequently, about 10 minutes or until thickened and mixture is reduced to 1½ cups. Transfer to bowl; let cool completely, about 20 minutes.
- 2.Reserve ½ cup cranberry mixture for basting turkey; refrigerate until ready to use. Place remaining cranberry mixture in large resealable food storage bag.
- 3.Remove outer plastic netting and packaging from turkey. Leave inner string netting on turkey. Drain juices; pat dry with paper towels. Place roast in bag with cranberry mixture. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 1½ hours.
- 4.Preheat oven to 325°F. Line 9-inch square baking pan with foil.
- 5.Remove turkey from bag, discarding marinade. Place skin side up, in prepared pan. (Do not add water to pan.)
- 6.Bake about 1¾ hours or until instant-read thermometer inserted into center of turkey breast registers 165°F. Leave oven on.
- 7.Meanwhile, let reserved cranberry mixture stand at room temperature to soften until ready to glaze.
- 8.Carefully remove inner string netting from turkey using tongs and kitchen scissors. Brush reserved cranberry mixture over turkey.
- 9.Bake 15 to 30 minutes or until glaze is shiny and caramelized. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Garnish with green onions.
- 10.Pro Tip: To char green onions, trim root ends and brush lightly wit olive oil. Cook green onions over medium-high heat in large skillet, turning occasionally, until lightly charred.