Brioche Cinnamon-Sugar French Toast with Whipped Yogurt Cream
< 30 minutes
< 45 minutes
4 large eggs
½ cup whole milk
2 teaspoons vanilla, divided
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
6 slices brioche (about 1 inch thick)
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
¼ cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
½ cup heavy whipping cream
2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
¼ cup whole milk greek yogurt
- 1.In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, 1 teaspoon vanilla and nutmeg until smooth. Transfer to a shallow baking dish. Place brioche slices in egg mixture. Let stand for 1 minute; turn and let stand for 1 minute.
- 2.In a large nonstick skillet, melt one-third of butter over medium heat. Add 2 slices of soaked brioche, and cook until golden brown and egg is set, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining butter and remaining soaked brioche.
- 3.In a small bowl, combine granulated sugar, cinnamon and salt. Sprinkle mixture over both sides of French toast.
- 4.In a medium bowl, whisk together cream and confectioners’ sugar until soft peaks form, about 1 minute. Fold in yogurt and remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla until just combined. Top servings with whipped yogurt cream.
- 5.Prep Tip: To ensure a well-mixed custard mixture every time, add eggs, milk, vanilla and nutmeg to the container of a blender. Blend on low speed until smooth, about 1 minute.