Cornbread Stuffing with Sausage and Apples (Copy)
1 package (16 ounces) honey cornbread mix
2 cup (4 slices) cubed French bread
1-1/2 packages (16 ounces each) BUTTERBALL® Fresh Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage
1 onion, chopped
1 green apple, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon dried sage
1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
3 cup turkey or chicken broth
2 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1.Prepare and bake cornbread according to package directions. When cool, cover with plastic wrap and set aside overnight.
- 2.Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut cornbread into 1-inch cubes. Spread cornbread and French bread on baking sheet. Bake 20 minutes or until dry.
- 3.Coat slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Cook and stir turkey sausage in medium skillet over medium heat until browned. Drain any fat; transfer to slow cooker.
- 4.Add onion, apple and celery to skillet. Cook and stir 5 minutes or until softened. Stir in salt, sage, rosemary, thyme and pepper. Transfer to slow cooker.
- 5.Add bread cubes and stir gently to combine. Pour broth over mixture. Cover; cook on HIGH 3 to 3-1/2 hours or until liquid is absorbed. Garnish with parsley.