Easy Corn Pudding Casserole
< 15 minutes
< 45 minutes
½ cup (1 stick) plus 2 tablespoons butter, divided
½ cup chopped onion
½ cup panko bread crumbs
½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
4 cups frozen corn kernels (about 24 ounces), thawed and divided
6 large eggs
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
½ cup whole milk
¼ cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
¾ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
Fresh thyme (optional)
- 1.Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease shallow 1½-quart baking dish.
- 2.Melt ½ cup butter over medium heat in medium skillet. Add onion; cook, stirring frequently 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Remove from skillet; let cool slightly.
- 3.In same skillet, melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter over low heat. Transfer to small bowl. Stir in panko and ¼ cup Parmesan cheese. Set aside.
- 4.Pulse half of corn in work bowl of food processor until coarsely chopped. Add eggs, cream cheese and milk; pulse 3 to 4 times. Add flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt; pulse 3 to 4 times. Add onion mixture, thyme and remaining ¼ cup Parmesan cheese; pulse 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in remaining half of corn. Transfer to prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with panko mixture.
- 5.Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown and center is set. Let stand 20 minutes before serving. Garnish with additional fresh thyme.
- 6.Prep Tip: This recipe may also be prepared in a blender instead of a food processor. Gather the same ingredients, blend and proceed as directed.