El Paso Turkey Quiche with Mango Dried Cranberry Tomato Salsa
< 3 hours
2 peeled seeded diced ripe mangoes
8 diced plum tomatoes
1 cup diced green onions (white and green parts)
2/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
1/2 cup fresh lime juice
4 cloves minced fresh garlic
1 seeded thinly sliced jalapeno pepper
4 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon Cholula Sauce QUICHE:
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup diced onion
1 seeded diced jalapeno pepper
1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
One 9-inch par-baked pie crust
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Jack cheese
6 large eggs, beaten
1 cup whole milk OR half-and-half
2 cups leftover cooked chopped Butterball® Turkey
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1.For Salsa, combine all ingredients. Refrigerate, covered, 2 hours before serving
- 2.For Quiche, preheat oven to 375°F. Cook and stir onion, jalapeno pepper and garlic in butter in medium skillet on medium heat 3 to 4 minutes or until light golden brown. Place mixture on a plate; cover with plastic wrap. Put in freezer until completely cooled.
- 3.Spread cheese evenly on bottom of pie crust. Sprinkle with onion mixture.
- 4.Combine eggs, milk, turkey, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl until well blended. Pour into pie crust.
- 5.Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack 10 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve with Salsa. NOTE: For a spicier version of the Quiche, use 2 jalapeno peppers.