Grilled Smoked Sausage and Peppers
< 30 minutes
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch slices
1/2 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch slices
1/2 green bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch slices
1 medium red onion, cut into 1/4-inch slices
1 package BUTTERBALL® Smoked Turkey Dinner Sausage
4 hoagie rolls (about 7 inches)
Ground mustard (optional)
- 1.Drizzle 2 teaspoons oil over bell peppers and onions, tossing to coat well.
- 2.Grill bell peppers and onions on oiled grill grid over direct heat 3 minutes on each side or until tender.
- 3.Cut ends of sausages on the bias (making 4 sausages). Place sausages on grill grid; cook according to package directions until golden brown on all sides.
- 4.Lightly brush rolls with remaining oil; grill, cut sides down, 1 minute or until toasted lightly. Let cool momentarily.
- 5.Place sausages in grilled buns; top with ground mustard and bell pepper mixture.