Grilled Turkey Breast with Cranberry-Jalapeño Hot Sauce
< 30 minutes
1 can (14-ounce) whole berry cranberry sauce
1 Jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped (substitute habanero pepper for more heat!)
½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
½ cup apple cider vinegar
½ cup vegetable oil
2-½ teaspoons kosher salt
1-½ teaspoons packed lemon zest
1-½ teaspoons packed orange zest
1 (2.5 to 3.5-pound) BUTTERBALL® All Natural Boneless Turkey Breast Roast
Cranberry-Jalapeño Hot Sauce
¾ cup whole berry cranberry sauce
2 tablespoons firmly packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon lemon peel
1 teaspoon orange peel
1 teaspoon minced seeded jalapeño pepper (If you like heat, you can substitute habanero pepper for more spice!)
- 1.In a medium bowl, stir together cranberry sauce, jalapeño pepper, brown sugar, vinegar, oil, salt, lemon peel, and orange peel until sugar dissolves and mixture is well combined. Transfer mixture to container of blender. Pulse until smooth.
- 2.In a large resealable plastic bag, place roast and cranberry mixture. Turn bag to coat roast well. Refrigerate for 4 hours or up to overnight.
- 3.Spray grill rack with nonflammable cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium-high heat (350°F to 400°F).
- 4.Remove roast from bag, discarding marinade.
- 5.Prepare Cranberry-Jalapeño Hot Sauce.
- 6.In a small bowl, stir together all ingredients until sugar dissolves and mixture is well combined. Store in an airtight container until ready to use.
- 7.Grill, skin side up, over indirect heat until an instant-read thermometer inserted in thickest portion registers 170°F, about 50 minutes. Transfer to serving platter. Spoon Cranberry-Jalapeño Hot Sauce over grilled turkey breast. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- 8.Tip: This turkey recipe is great served as fajitas. Wrap the cooked turkey in warmed flour tortillas, with toppings such as shredded cheddar cheese and lettuce. Serve with the Cranberry-Jalapeño Sauce.