Herb-Flavored Roasted Turkey Breast
< 45 minutes
1 head garlic (about 2 ounces)
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
½ teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
½ cup unsalted butter, softened
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1-½ teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 (3-pound) BUTTERBALL® Frozen Boneless Turkey Breast Roast, thawed
- 1.Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2.Using a serrated knife, carefully cut off top ¾ inch of garlic head. Place, cut side up, on a sheet of foil. Pour oil over garlic. Sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Wrap tightly in foil.
- 3.Bake until garlic is soft, about 45 minutes. Let cool enough to handle. Remove foil, and squeeze garlic head to remove cloves. Let cool completely. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F.
- 4.In a medium bowl, combine roasted garlic, butter, parsley, oregano, red pepper flakes, remaining ¾ teaspoon salt, and remaining ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Set aside until ready to use.
- 5.Line 9-inch square baking pan with foil; lightly spray with cooking spray.
- 6.Remove wrapper and outer netting from roast. Leave inner string netting on roast. Drain juices, pat dry with paper towels. Rub garlic-butter mixture all over roast. Place, skin side up, in prepared pan.
- 7.Bake until instant-read thermometer inserted in center of roast registers 170°F, about 1 hour and 40 minutes, rotating pan after 1 hour of baking. Increase oven temperature to 375°F. Carefully remove netting from roast. Place roast, skin side up, in pan, and brush with pan juices. Bake until skin is crisp, and roast is evenly browned, about 10 minutes more.
- 8.Tip: Make the roasted garlic butter ahead; it can be refrigerated up to 1 week or frozen up to 2 months.