Make Ahead Turkey Sausage-Stuffed Acorn Squash
< 30 minutes
< 90 minutes
4 acorn squash, halved and seeded
1 (8-ounce) package BUTTERBALL® All-Natural Fully Cooked Turkey Sausage Crumbles
1 cup cornbread stuffing mix
½ cup chopped yellow onion
½ cup chopped celery
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage
¾ cup low-sodium chicken or turkey broth
¼ cup unsalted butter
- 1.Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil; spray with cooking spray.
- 2.Place squash, cut side down, on prepared baking sheet.
- 3.Bake until squash begins to soften, 20 to 30 minutes.
- 4.In a medium bowl, combine sausage, stuffing mix, onion, celery, garlic, Italian seasoning, and sage. Add broth and stir until combined. Let stand for at least 5 minutes.
- 5.Turn squash to cut side up and fill each with ⅓ cup sausage mixture. Top each with ½ tablespoon butter.
- 6.Return to oven and bake squash until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes more.
- 7.To reheat, preheat oven to 375°F. Bake filled squash, covered, until heated through, 20 to 25 minutes. Uncover and bake until filling has crisped slightly, 5 to 10 minutes more.
- 8.Tip: This dish can be frozen up to 1 month. Thaw in refrigerator overnight and bake according to the reheat instructions.