Roasted Turkey with Mushroom Herb Sauce
2 tsp. poultry seasoning, divided
1 tsp. paprika
¾ tsp. crushed dried thyme leaves, divided
½ tsp. salt, divided
½ tsp. ground black pepper, divided
1 (16 lb.) Butterball® Whole Turkey, thawed, if frozen
non-stick cooking spray
2 tbsp. butter
1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
1-½ cups chicken broth
½ cup half and half
- 1.Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 2.Combine 1-½ tsp. of the poultry seasoning, paprika, ½ tsp. of the thyme, ¼ tsp. of the salt and ¼ tsp. of the pepper in small dish.
- 3.Remove neck and giblets from body and neck cavities of turkey. Discard or refrigerate for another use. Drain juices and pat dry turkey with paper towels. Turn wings back to hold neck skin in place. Place turkey, breast side up, on flat rack in shallow roasting pan.
- 4.Spray turkey with cooking spray. Sprinkle with seasoning mixture. Roast turkey 3 to 3-½ hours or until thigh is 180°F on a meat thermometer. Cover breast and top of drumsticks with foil after 2 hours to prevent over cooking the breast. Let turkey stand 15 minutes before carving.
- 5.Melt butter in small saucepan on low heat. Add mushrooms. Cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in flour, remaining ½ tsp. of the poultry seasoning, remaining ¼ tsp. of the salt, remaining ¼ tsp. of the thyme and remaining ¼ tsp. of the pepper.
- 6.Gradually stir in broth and half-and-half. Cook and stir constantly on medium heat until thick and bubbly. Cook and stir 1 minute more. Serve over sliced turkey.