Slow Cooker Turkey Noodle Soup
< 15 minutes
1 BUTTERBALL® Frozen Boneless Turkey Breast Roast, thawed
3 containers (32-ounce) low-sodium chicken or turkey broth
2 cups roughly chopped carrots
1 cup roughly chopped celery
1 cup roughly chopped yellow onion
4 sprigs fresh thyme
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1-½ teaspoons kosher salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 bag (16-ounce) wide egg noodles
Chopped fresh thyme (optional)
- 1.Remove wrapper and outer netting from roast. Drain juices.
- 2.In a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker, combine turkey, broth, carrots, celery, onion, thyme sprigs, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- 3.Cover and cook on high until turkey is tender and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center registers 170°F, about 4 hours. Discard thyme sprigs. Shred turkey and return to slow cooker. Add noodles, and cook on low until tender, about 30 minutes.
- 4.Divide turkey noodle soup among serving bowls. Garnish with chopped fresh thyme.
- 5.Tip: For a different taste, parsnips can be substituted for the carrots.