Spicy Dry Brined Turkey
< 30 minutes
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
½ to 1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
2 teaspoons chipotle chili powder
½ teaspoon ground red pepper
1 (12-pound) BUTTERBALL® Fresh or Frozen Whole Turkey, thawed if frozen
- 1.Combine paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, brown sugar, chili powder, red pepper flakes, salt, black pepper, chipotle chili powder and ground red pepper in small bowl; mix well.
- 2.Sprinkle cavity and outside of turkey with rub mixture. If you run out, make another batch.
- 3.Cover turkey with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator overnight.
- 4.The next day, preheat oven to 325°F. Remove turkey from refrigerator while oven is heating.
- 5.Remove plastic wrap and place turkey in oven.
- 6.Roast approximately 3½ hours or until breast reaches internal temperature of 170°F and thigh reaches internal temperature of 180°F.
- 7.Let rest 15 minutes before carving.