Spiral Cut Sausage Banh mi
< 30 minutes
< 15 minutes
1 package (13 ounces) BUTTERBALL® Everyday Smoked Turkey Dinner Sausage
¼ cup warm water
¼ cup apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon sugar
¾ teaspoon kosher salt
½ cup mayonnaise
1½ tablespoons sriracha
½ teaspoon sugar
Pinch kosher salt
1 cucumber, thinly sliced
4 mini baguette rolls or hot dog buns, split and toasted (optional)
8 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 1.Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Cut each sausage in half to make four pieces. Carefully push skewer through center of each sausage. Working one at a time, place skewered sausage on cutting board. Make an angled cut around sausage down to skewer, turning as you go. Continue down entire length of sausage; slightly pull on ends to expose spiral cut.
- 2.Grill sausages about 8 to 10 minutes or until cooked through and charred in spots. Remove from grill; slide sausages off of skewers.
- 3.Prepare PICKLED CARROTS. Combine water, vinegar, sugar and salt in small bowl. Whisk until sugar and salt are fully disolved. Place shredded carrots in another bowl or mason jar; pour vinegar mixture over carrots. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 day.* *Carrots can be refrigerated for a few weeks.
- 4.Prepare SPICY MAYO. Combine all SPICY MAYO ingredients in small bowl; set aside.
- 5.Lay cucumber slices on one side of each roll. Add sausage, PICKLED CARROTS, 2 cilantro sprigs and SPICY MAYO.