Hash Brown Breakfast Bake Casserole
< 30 minutes
< 60 minutes
1 bag (20 ounces) refrigerated shredded hash brown potatoes
1¼ cups (6 ounces) shredded white Cheddar cheese, divided
½ cup diced green bell peppers
½ cup diced red peppers
¼ cup sliced green onion, plus additional for garnish
6 large eggs
1 cup half-and-half
1 tablespoon kosher salt
⅛ teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1.Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray an 8-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2.In a large bowl, combine hash browns, 1 cup cheese, bell peppers and ¼ cup green onion. Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish.
- 3.In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, half-and-half, salt and red pepper. Carefully pour egg mixture over hash brown mixture. Top with remaining ¼ cup cheese.
- 4.Bake until lightly browned and center is set, about 45 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes. Garnish with additional green onion.
- 5.Prep Tip: This Hash Brown Breakfast Bake Casserole can be made the night before! Follow recipe through step 3; cover and refrigerate overnight. Bake as directed the next day.