The first step in the process is selecting a brine recipe for a juicy, flavorful Butterball® turkey that works for any occasion. Once you’ve selected your brine you’ll need to:
- Purchase a fresh turkey to eliminate the need to thaw, or completely thaw a frozen turkey.
- The night before roasting, remove the giblets and turkey neck. Rinse the turkey inside and out.
- Prepare your brine. Be sure to mix ingredients until all of the salt is dissolved. If your brine is heated, be sure to cool it to room temperature before brining.
- Place your turkey, breast down, in a large container made of food-grade plastic, stainless steel, glass, or a brining bag. Be sure the container will fit in your fridge.
- Add brine, covering the entire turkey.
- Place in the refrigerator for the specified period of time.
- Remove turkey from brine after recommended time. Rinse and pat dry with paper towels. Cook turkey as desired.