- First, allow your cooked turkey to sit for about 20 minutes before starting to carve.
- Beginning halfway up the breast, slice straight down with an even stroke.
- When the knife reaches the cut above the wing joint, the slice should fall free on its own.
- Continue to slice breast meat by starting the cut at a higher point each time.
How to Carve Turkey Breast
How to Carve Turkey Drumsticks
- Cut the band of skin holding the drumsticks.
- Grasp the end of the drumstick, place your knife between the drumstick/thigh and the body of the turkey, and cut through the skin to the joint.
- Remove the entire leg by pulling out and back, using the point of the knife to disjoin it.
- Separate the thigh and drumstick at the joint.
How to Carve Turkey Wings
- Insert a fork in the upper wing to the steady turkey.
- Make a long horizontal cut above the wing joint through the body frame.
- The wing can be disjointed from the body, if desired.