Apple Jelly and Rosemary-Roasted Turkey Breast
< 30 minutes
< 90 minutes
3 Honeycrisp apples, cut into 8 wedges each
1 large onion, cut into 8 wedges
2 cups chopped celery
2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 (2½- to 3½-pound) BUTTERBALL® Boneless Turkey Breast Roast
1 tablespoon olive oil
¼ cup apple jelly
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
Fresh rosemary sprigs (optional)
- 1.Preheat oven to 325°F. Lightly spray a large Dutch oven with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2.In a large bowl, combine apples, onion and celery. Stir in 1 teaspoon salt. Arrange mixture in prepared Dutch oven.
- 3.In a small bowl, combine chopped rosemary, pepper and remaining 1 teaspoon salt.
- 4.Pat turkey dry. Rub oil all over turkey. Rub with rosemary mixture. Place turkey, skin side up, in Dutch oven, nestling into apple mixture.
- 5.Bake until skin is lightly golden brown, about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- 6.Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat jelly over medium heat until bubbles form around edges of pan. (Do not boil.) Whisk in butter until smooth.
- 7.Increase oven temperature to 375°F.
- 8.Brush half of jelly mixture over turkey.
- 9.Bake for 10 minutes. Brush with remaining jelly mixture; bake until golden brown and an instant-read thermometer inserted into center registers 165°F, about 5 minutes more. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Garnish with rosemary sprigs.
- 10.Pro Tip: Add potatoes or sweet potatoes to your vegetable mixture to make this a one-pot meal.