Ground Turkey Pad Thai
< 30 minutes
< 60 minutes
¼ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
¼ cup oyster sauce
3 tablespoons fish sauce
1 tablespoon lime juice
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 package (16 ounces) BUTTERBALL® All-Natural Ground Turkey
1 cup 1-inch-sliced green onions, plus additional for garnish
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1½ teaspoons minced fresh ginger
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 package (16 ounces) rice noodles, cooked according to package directions
¼ cup chopped peanuts
Lime wedges, to serve
Red chile peppers (optional)
- 1.In a small bowl, stir together brown sugar, oyster sauce, fish sauce and lime juice until smooth.
- 2.In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add turkey, and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and crumbly, about 10 minutes.
- 3.Add green onions, garlic, and ginger; cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant and lightly browned, about 2 minutes.
- 4.Make a well in the center of your mixture; pour eggs into well. Cook, stirring frequently, until eggs are cooked and firm, 1 to 2 minutes.
- 5.Add noodles to skillet, and cook, stirring occasionally, until noodles have softened slightly, about 2 minutes.
- 6.Add sauce to skillet, stirring until combined. Cook until sauce has just coated noodles, about 1 minute.
- 7.Top ground turkey pad Thai with peanuts. Serve with lime wedges, and garnish with additional green onions and chiles.
- 8.Prep Tips: This recipe can be customized to your taste! Add spicy garlic-chile sauce for an extra kick. Or add your favorite vegetables like broccoli or bell peppers. For a reduced prep time, make your sauce ahead of time; cover and refrigerate until ready to use.