Leftover Turkey Skillet Enchiladas
< 30 minutes
< 30 minutes
2 cups leftover shredded cooked Butterball® Turkey
1-½ cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
2 cans (4.5 ounces) chopped green chiles, divided
½ cup chopped green onions
⅓ cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
6 (6-inch) flour tortillas
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ cup chopped onion
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 bottle (16 ounces) medium-hot salsa verde
Lime wedges and fresh cilantro leaves (optional)
1 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 tablespoons minced seeded jalapeño pepper* *Jalapeño peppers can sting and irritate the skin, so wear rubber gloves when handling peppers and do not touch your eyes.
2 tablespoons lime juice
½ teaspoon ground cumin
¼ teaspoon salt
- 1.Preheat oven to 400°F. Line baking sheet with damp paper towels.
- 2.Combine turkey, 1 cup cheese, 1 can green chiles, green onions, chopped cilantro and lime juice in medium bowl. Place about ½ cup turkey mixture on one side of each tortilla, and roll up tightly. Place, seam side down, on prepared baking dish. Cover with damp paper towels.
- 3.Heat oil over medium heat in 10-inch cast iron skillet. Add onion; cook, stirring frequently, 3 to 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Stir in salsa verde and remaining 1 can green chiles; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Remove 1 cup sauce.
- 4.Gently place enchiladas, seam side down, in remaining sauce. Top with reserved 1 cup sauce. Bring just to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer 4 to 5 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining ½ cup cheese.
- 5.Bake, uncovered, 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned and sauce is bubbly. Prepare and serve with Cranberry Salsa. Garnish with lime wedges and cilantro leaves.
- 6.For the Cranberry Salsa: Combine all ingredients in small bowl. Serve with enchiladas.
- 7.Pro Tip: Cooked leftover turkey is good for 3 to 4 days. To save for even longer, pop it in the freezer to save for up to 6 months!