Maple Mustard Glazed Turkey
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup Dijon-style mustard
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 each (12- to 14-pound) BUTTERBALL® Fresh or Frozen Whole Turkey
- 1.Preheat oven to 325°F. Combine maple syrup, mustard, garlic powder and pepper in small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- 2.Remove neck and giblets from body and neck cavities of turkey. Refrigerate for another use or discard.Turn wings back to hold neck skin in place. Return legs to the tucked position, if untucked. Place turkey, breast side up, on flat rack in shallow roasting pan.
- 3.Roast turkey 2 hours. Then, brush evenly with glaze. Cover breast and top of drumsticks loosely with aluminum foil to prevent overcooking. Continue roasting turkey 30 minutes. Uncover, brush with additional glaze, and return foil to cover breast and top of drumsticks.
- 4.Continue roasting turkey about 1 hour or until meat thermometer reaches 180°F when inserted into deepest part of thigh not touching bone.
- 5.Transfer turkey to cutting board; loosely tent with foil. Let stand 15 minutes before carving.