One Skillet Sausage and Veggie Hash
< 15 minutes
< 15 minutes
2 large russet potatoes, scrubbed, washed and dried
1 package (13 ounces) BUTTERBALL® Everyday Smoked Dinner Sausage
3 medium bell peppers
1 small yellow onion, diced
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 teaspoon minced garlic
2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
½ teaspoon paprika
Salt and black pepper
Eggs, fresh chopped parsley and chopped green onions (optional)
- 1.Poke holes in potatoes with fork. Place potatoes on microwavable dish; microwave on HIGH 5 minutes. Flip and microwave 3 to 5 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
- 2.Cut sausage into thin slices and chop bell peppers.
- 3.Heat oil in large Dutch oven over medium-high heat until sizzling. Add sausage; cook 4 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove sausage to plate.
- 4.Add butter; cook and stir 1 minute. Add bell peppers and onion.
- 5.Meanwhile, dice potatoes (remove skins, if desired). Add potatoes to Dutch oven; cook and stir 4 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender and potatoes have crisp exterior.
- 6.Add garlic, parsley flakes, Italian seasoning, paprika, salt and black pepper. (If you want eggs, make four "wells" in hash; crack eggs into wells. Add eggs before vegetables are finished so they don't get too browned. Cook until whites are set.)
- 7.Top with fresh parsley or green onions, if desired. Season with additional salt and black pepper.