Oven Roasted Turkey Breast and Roasted Vegetables
< 15 minutes
< 3 hours
1 (6-pound) BUTTERBALL® Frozen Whole Turkey Breast, thawed
¼ cup butter, softened
4 tablespoons minced fresh sage or 4 teaspoons dried sage
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 pound small red potatoes, halved
1 pound carrots, peeled and cut diagonally into 1-1/2-inch pieces
2 medium onions, quartered
- 1.Position oven rack in bottom third of oven. Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 2.Remove whole breast from bag. Drain juices and pat dry with paper towels. Place turkey, skin side up, in 13x9-inch baking pan. (Do not add water to pan.)
- 3.Combine butter, sage, garlic, salt and pepper in small bowl. Spread 2 tablespoons butter mixture under skin of turkey, being carefully not to tear skin. Rub 1 tablespoon butter mixture over turkey.
- 4.Combine potatoes, carrots and onions in medium bowl. Toss vegetables with remaining butter mixture; spread evenly around turkey in baking pan.
- 5.Bake until vegetables are tender and an instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest portion of breast registers 170°F (2 hours and 15 minutes to 2 hours and 45 minutes for a 6-pound turkey breast). Place turkey breast on large cutting board. Let stand 15 minutes. Increase oven temperature to broil.
- 6.Stir together vegetables and pan drippings.
- 7.Broil vegetables 6 to 8 inches from heat about 5 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring once halfway through broiling. Serve using a slotted spoon.
- 8.Prep Tip: Potato, carrot and onion mixture may be substituted with 4-½ cups of any cubed root vegetables or winter squash, such as parsnips, rutabaga or butternut squash.
- 9.Prep Tip: Sage may be substituted with an equal amount of rosemary or thyme, or a combination.