Chocolate Guinness Cake
< 15 minutes
< 90 minutes
1 package (about 16 ounces) DUNCAN HINES® Deluxe Swiss Chocolate Cake Mix
1 box (3 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
¾ cup vegetable oil
1 cup Guinness® beer
¼ cup sugar
½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
GUINNESS® CHOCOLATE GLAZE
8 ounces (2 sticks) butter
1 cup sugar
¼ cup water
½ cup Guinness® beer
3 ounces bitter chocolate
BOURBON WHIPPED CREAM
1 pint whipping cream
1-½ teaspoons vanila
2 tablespoons sugar
2 to 3 tablespoons JACK DANIELS® Honey Bourbon
- 1.Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour Bundt pan or tube pan.
- 2.Combine cake mix and pudding mix in large mixing bowl. Combine liquid ingredients. Combine sugar and chocolate chips in large bowl. Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients; blend well. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- 3.Bake 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Prepare Guinness® Chocolate Glaze and Bourbon Whipped Cream. Remove cake from oven; cool in pan 5 minutes.
- 4.Remove cake from pan; place on cake plate. Brush half of GUINNESS® CHOCOLATE GLAZE heavily over cake while still warm. Drizzle remaining glaze over cake. Serve with BOURBON WHIPPED CREAM, if desired.
- 5.For the Guinness® Chocolate Glaze: Combine butter, sugar, water and beer in large saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally until melted. Remove from heat; stir in chocolate until totally melted. Cool to room temperature.
- 6.For the Bourbon Whipped Cream: Place cream and vanilla in well-chilled mixing bowl*. Whip cream to a soft peak, slowly incorporating sugar and bourbon. *Place mixing bowl and beater in freezer until well chilled. Increase speed; whip to firm peak. Refrigerate until ready to serve.