1 cup sour cream
2/3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons sweet or hot paprika
1-½ teaspoons salt
1-½ pounds BUTTERBALL® Fresh Turkey Filets
½ cup water
½ teaspoon black pepper
3 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- 1.Preheat oven to 200°F. Blend sour cream, 2 tablespoons flour, paprika and 1/2 teaspoon salt in small bowl; set aside.
- 2.Pound turkey filets between two pieces of plastic wrap to 1/8-inch thickness using flat side of meat mallet or rolling pin.
- 3.Beat egg and 3 tablespoons water in large shallow dish. Combine remaining 2/3 cup flour, 1 teaspoon salt and pepper in large resealable food storage bag.
- 4.Place turkey filets in egg mixture; turn to coat. Transfer to bag with flour mixture; shake bag to coat.
- 5.Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Shake excess flour from turkey. Add to skillet; cook 4 minutes per side or until golden brown on both sides, no longer pink inside and center of turkey reaches 165°F as measured with meat thermometer.
- 6.Transfer to ovenproof platter; place in oven to keep warm.
- 7.Add remaining ½ cup water to skillet; stir over medium heat, scraping up any brown bits from bottom of pan. Whisk in sour cream mixture; cook and stir 1 minute or until sauce is bubbly and no lumps remain. (If the sauce is too thick, add water, 1 tablespoon at a time.)
- 8.Spoon sauce over turkey; serve immediately.