Turkey Veggie Lasagna
< 30 minutes
< 60 minutes
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 pound BUTTERBALL® Fresh Ground Turkey
2 cups packed chopped kale
1 medium onion, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced, divided
1 teaspoon salt, divided
1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
1 can (about 15 ounces) tomato sauce
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
1 medium zucchini (12 ounces), cut in half lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
1 container (15 ounces) part-skim ricotta cheese
5 cups (20 ounces) shredded Italian cheese blend or mozzarella cheese, divided
½ cup chopped fresh parsley
¼ teaspoon black pepper
12 (about 8 ounces) ruffled or plain no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1.Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2.Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add turkey, kale, onion, 2 cloves garlic and ½ teaspoon salt; cook and stir about 5 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink, stirring to break up meat. Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce and Italian seasoning; cook 10 minutes.
- 3.Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, zucchini and ¼ teaspoon salt; cook and stir about 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 4.Combine ricotta, 1 cup shredded cheese, parsley, egg, remaining 1 clove garlic, ¼ teaspoon salt and black pepper in medium bowl; mix well.
- 5.Spread ¼ cup tomato sauce mixture over bottom of prepared baking dish. Top with 3 noodles. Spread one third of ricotta mixture over noodles. Top with 1 cup shredded cheese, 1-½ cups sauce and 3 more noodles. Spread one third of ricotta mixture over noodles. Top with vegetables, 1 cup shredded cheese, 1-½ cups sauce and 3 more noodles. Spread remaining ricotta mixture over noodles; top with 1 cup shredded cheese and 1 cup sauce. For final layer, top with remaining 3 noodles and remaining sauce. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup shredded cheese. Cover loosely with greased foil.
- 6.Bake 40 minutes or until sauce is bubbly and hot and cheese is melted, removing foil after 30 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.