Classic Pumpkin Roll
< 90 minutes
< 30 minutes
1-¼ cups powdered sugar, divided
1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
1-1/4 cups water
1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
1 tub (8 ounces) whipped topping
½ cup solid-pack pumpkin
½ cup chopped hazelnuts
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
2 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese
½ cup butter
2 cups powdered sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1.Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 17-1/2X12-inch jelly-roll pan with nonstick cooking spray. Line with parchment paper or waxed paper; set aside. Arrange clean dish towel on counter; sprinkle evenly with 1/2 cup powdered sugar; set aside.
- 2.Beat cake mix and water according to package directions. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- 3.Bake 17 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Immediately loosen cake from edges of pan. Invert onto powdered sugar on prepared towel. Remove pan; peel off parchment paper. While cake is hot, starting with 12-inch side, roll up cake in towel.
- 4.Place seam side down on wire rack to cool completely.
- 5.Beat cream cheese and remaining ¾ cup powdered sugar in large bowl with electric mixer at low speed 2 minutes or until well blended and fluffy. Fold in whipped topping and pumpkin; refrigerate filling until ready to use.
- 6.Gently unroll cooled cake; remove towel. Spread pumpkin filling evenly over cake. Re-roll cake; place seam side down on plate. (If cake breaks, hold pieces together and roll as instructed. Breaks can be hidden with frosting.)
- 7.To Make Cream Cheese Frosting: Beat cream cheese and butter with electric mixer at medium-high speed 2 minutes or until well blended and fluffy. Add powdered sugar and vanilla; beat well.
- 8.Frost with Cream Cheese Frosting; sprinkle with hazelnuts. Trim 1 inch off each end with serrated knife; discard scraps. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate 2 to 3 hours before serving.