Marbled Pumpkin Gingersnap Tart
< 60 minutes
4 ounces (about 16 cookies) gingersnap cookies, coarsely broken
8 ounces graham crackers (5-½ sheets of 2-½ x 4-½-inch crackers)
4 tablespoons (½ stick) melted butter
1 large egg
1 large egg white
1-¼ cups pumpkin puree
¼ cup granulated sugar
¼ cup packed brown sugar
½ teaspoon salt
¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ground cloves
Fresh grated nutmeg
1 cup whipping cream
4 ounces cream cheese, well softened
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 large egg yolk
- 1.Prepare Crust. Preheat oven to 425°F. Finely grind gingersnaps and graham crackers in food processor, yielding about 1-½ cups crumbs. Add butter; process until crumb mixture is moistened. Press mixture into bottom and up sides of 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Place pan on rimmed baking sheet.
- 2.Prepare Pumpkin Batter. Beat egg and egg white lightly in large bowl. Whisk in pumpkin puree, ¼ cup granulated sugar, ¼ cup brown sugar, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg. Gradually whisk in cream.
- 3.Prepare Cheesecake Batter. Beat cream cheese, 3 tablespoons granulated sugar and egg yolk in medium bowl until smooth.
- 4.Assemble Tart. Pour pumpkin batter into crust. Dolliop cheesecake batter over pumpkin batter; marble together decoratively with knife, trying not to pierce bottom crust.
- 5.Bake 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until knife or toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.