Sheet Pan Turkey Dinner
< 2 hours
< 3 hours
¼ cup (1/2 stick) butter
1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
1 Granny Smith apple, diced
1-½ cups chicken broth
2-½ cups corn bread stuffing mix
½ cup pecans, chopped
½ cup dried cranberries
4 medium or 6 small red potatoes (about 1 pound total)
¼ cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon salt
1 red onion, halved and thinly sliced
1 (3-pound) BUTTERBALL® Boneless Turkey Breast, thawed
1 teaspoon dried sage
1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
½ teaspoon Kosher salt
½ teaspoon paprika
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
MINI APPLE-PEAR PIES
1 refrigerated pie crust (1/2 of a 15-ounce package)
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour, divided
1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and coarsely chopped
1 firm pear, peeled and coarsely chopped
¼ cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon or apple pie spice
⅛ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small pieces
Coarse sugar such as turbinado or sparkling sugar (optional)
CARROTS, SWEET POTATOES AND BRUSSELS SPROUTS
4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 bag (12 ounces) baby rainbow carrots
1 teaspoon dried thyme
2 teaspoons salt, divided
¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
⅛ teaspoon ground red pepper (optional)
1 large sweet potato (about 1 pound), peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
1 pound brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
⅛ teaspoon black pepper
BALSAMIC HONEY BUTTER
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon honey
Cranberry sauce and dinner rolls (optional)
- 1.Apple-Pecan Stuffing: Spray sheet pan with nonstick cooking spray. Melt butter in large skillet. Add onion; cook and stir 3 minutes or until softened. Add apple; cook 1 minute. Add broth; bring to a boil. Remove from heat; stir in stuffing mix, pecans and cranberries. Spread over two thirds of prepared sheet pan; clear an oval in the middle for the turkey.
- 2.Hasselback Potatoes: Trim thin slice off of one long end of each potato so potato sits flat on work surface. Thinly slice potatoes, cutting two thirds of the way through. Combine ¼ cup butter, 1 tablespoon rosemary, garlic and 1 teaspoon salt in small bowl. Spread mixture evenly over potatoes. Arrange red onion slices around potatoes.
- 3.Turkey: Set gravy packet aside. Remove netting from turkey; arrange turkey on sheet pan in the middle of the stuffing. Combine sage, 1 teaspoon rosemary, Kosher salt, paprika, garlic powder and ¼ teaspoon black pepper in small bowl. Brush 1 tablespoon oil over turkey. Press rub all over turkey. Set sheet pan aside.
- 4.Mini Apple-Pear Pies: Let pie crust stand at room temperature 15 minutes. Unroll on work surface. Cut four 5-inch circles from crust; fit circles into 3-½-inch ramekins. Sprinkle ¼ teaspoon flour into each ramekin.
- 5.Combine apple, pear, granulated sugar, remaining 1 tablespoon flour, cinnamon and ⅛ teaspoon salt in medium bowl; toss to coat. Divide fruit mixture evenly among ramekins. Dot with butter. Cut scraps from remaining pie crust into thin strips; arrange in lattice pattern on top of pies. Sprinkle with coarse sugar, if desired. Refrigerate until ready to bake.
- 6.Carrots, Sweet Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts: Place 1 tablespoon oil in large bowl. Add carrots; toss to coat. Season with salt and black pepper. Combine 1 tablespoon oil, thyme, 1 teaspoon salt, smoked paprika and red pepper, if desired, in another large bowl. Add sweet potatoes; stir until well coated. Place brussels sprouts in medium bowl. Drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons oil and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt and ⅛ teaspoon black pepper. Toss to coat.
- 7.Preheat oven to 350°F. Place first sheet pan with turkey and stuffing in oven. Bake 20 minutes.
- 8.Meanwhile, spray second sheet pan with cooking spray. Place pies on one third of pan. Cover loosely with foil. Spread sweet potatoes, carrots and brussels sprouts in rows on remaining two thirds of pan.
- 9.Place pan in oven on rack above pan with turkey. Bake 1 hour 10 minutes or until turkey registers 165°F when tested with meat thermometer inserted into thickest part of turkey. If vegetables or pies on second sheet pan are done before turkey, remove sheet pan from oven and continue baking turkey. Remove foil from tops of pies during last 10 minutes of baking to brown tops.
- 10.While sheet pans are baking: Prepare Balsamic Honey Butter, if desired. Cook vinegar in small saucepan over medium-low heat 5 minutes or until reduced by half. Add butter and honey; cook and stir until smooth. Serve with carrots, sweet potatoes and brussels sprouts.
- 11.Heat gravy according to package directions; place in gravy boat. Serve with cranberry sauce and dinner rolls, if desired.
- 12.Note: This recipe takes about 2 hours to prepare and assemble. For maximum efficiency, prepare and label the various spice mixes and seasonings first, then prepare the vegetables.