Smoked Turkey Sausage with Roasted Tomato Sauce and Penne
1/4 teaspoon olive oil
3 each cloves garlic
2 ounce fire-roasted diced tomatoes
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2-1/2 cup uncooked penne pasta
1 package BUTTERBALL® Smoked Turkey Dinner Sausage, cut in 1/2 inch slices
1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil or parsley
1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1.Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat until hot. Add garlic; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes. Cool slightly.
- 2.Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt; drain. Set aside; keep warm.
- 3.Place half of tomatoes in blender or food processor; process just until coarsely chopped. Add tomato purée to pasta; toss to combine.
- 4.Heat small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage; cook and stir 3 minutes. Transfer sausage to saucepan with remaining tomato mixture. Cover; simmer over medium heat 5 minutes or until heated through.
- 5.Add pasta mixture to saucepan; toss to combine. Stir in cheese, basil and salt, if desired. Serve immediately.