Tropical Pumpkin Pie
¾ cup granulated sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
½ tsp. ground ginger
¼ tsp. salt
1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin
1 can evaporated milk
1 cup shredded coconut
1 (9 inch) unbaked pastry shell
1 can (8 oz.) crushed pineapple
1 tsp. cornstarch
½ cup shredded coconut, toasted
whipped light cream topping
- 1.Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 2.Combine sugar, cinnamon, ginger and salt in small bowl. Beat eggs in large bowl with wire whisk. Stir in pumpkin and sugar mixture. Gradually stir in milk until blended. Stir in coconut. Pour into pastry shell.
- 3.Bake 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Bake 45 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours.
- 4.Meanwhile, combine pineapple and cornstarch in small microwaveable bowl or measuring cup until well blended. Microwave on High 1 minute, or until thickened and bubbly, stirring after 30 seconds. Cover; refrigerate while pie is cooling.
- 5.Spoon evenly onto center of cooled pie, leaving some pumpkin around edge visible. Sprinkle with toasted coconut. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 6.Cut pie into 8 slices. Top each slice with a serving of whipped topping, just before serving.