Turkey Sausage and French Apple Strata
< 60 minutes
6 to 8
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 box (8 ounces) BUTTERBALL® Natural Inspirations Fully Cooked Turkey Sausage Patties or Links, chopped
2 medium apples, peeled, cored and and sliced ¼ inch thick
¼ cup packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ground cloves
8 slices sour dough or French bread, ¾ inch thick
¾ cup raisins
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
8 eggs, slightly beaten
2 cups half-and-half or milk
1 teaspoon salt
Dash ground nutmeg
Powdered sugar for dusting (optional)
Warmed maple syrup (optional)
- 1.Heat 10- to 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat; add butter.
- 2.Once butter begins to bubble, add sausage and apples; cook until golden brown. Blend in brown sugar, cinnamon and cloves just until mixed. Remove from heat; set aside.
- 3.Spray 9x13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- 4.Arrange bread in single layer on bottom of baking dish.
- 5.Spread sausage and apple mixture over bread; sprinkle with raisins.
- 6.Blend cream cheese, eggs, half-and-half, salt and nutmeg in large bowl. Pour over ingredients in baking dish. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate 1 to 12 hours or overnight.
- 7.Preheat oven to 375°F. Remove strata from refrigerator. Bake, uncovered, 45 to 55 minutes or until golden brown and firm. Remove from oven. Let stand 10 minutes.
- 8.Sprinkle with powdered sugar and maple syrup, if desired.